Friday, August 31, 2012

BOOK COVER SHARE: PEACE ON NEW EARTH


Just wanted to share this book cover with my friends on The Celtic Rose. Peace on New Earth will be my first self published book and will be released at the end of November, in time for Christmas. Unlike my other books you're probably accustomed to seeing by now (ahem), this one is futuristic. Set against the background of the Earth holiday representing peace and good will, my question was whether love between members of two diametrically opposed cultures on a distant planet could reconcile the differences between their people. These are influential characters, of course--a tribal leader and a trained medical technician from Old Earth whose skills could seal the fate of his followers.

This book will no doubt make an appearance on my other blog, The Blue Rose, when it's released. It is a ninety-nine cent novella just right for a quick but thought-provoking read. I hope everyone enjoys our pending Labor Day holiday and the autumn to come.

4 comments:

  1. Your cover is great, Miriam. The kind where you just keep looking, which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, you had me at rainbow...

    I really like the title, which is an immediate draw for me. The colors, so un-holiday-like, are another instant treat for the eyes. Too bad your pub doesn't allow VERY early pre-orders! But I think you'll do well with this one. You can bring it out every year, like fine brandied plum pudding, and make sales for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyecatching cover, Miriam. That rainbow has me scrutinizing the ground for details. Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. As I said, it's a departure from the romance-style cover, but since it's a sci-fi/futuristic novella, that works, too. I loved the shot. It does totally look like the landscape described in the story. I'll let you know when it goes up at Amazon, etc.

    ReplyDelete