Sunday, January 1, 2012

JANUARY 1, 2012 - A (RARE) WORD FROM THE OWNER

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but in terms of my blog I did try to come up with some new ideas for the New Year and here's one I hope you'll approve.  Just as I am no artist but simply told my husband (who was), "I only know what I like,"--well, so too with books.  I don't read many, don't have time, and I am not a book reviewer.  Still, I know what I like and have often tried to share space here with promotions for authors whose books I enjoy.  To carry that one step further, I'd like to give the occasional review--just my opinion, for what it's worth, unsolicited.  A review from the heart, in other words.  Understand that if I read a book and it isn't my cup of tea, my lips are sealed.  Our books are our children and I will not disparage your writing any more than I would your child.  Some people enjoy that.  I don't.

So know that I may pop in with the occasional review, in this case of books set somewhere in the Celtic world.  If it gives someone an idea for their next read, so be it.  There are no rules on this blog beyond those of good taste and friendship!  So to all my blog friends, may 2012 be for you a year of peace and prosperity.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Miriam! Hope 2012 is a great year for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a lovely idea, Miriam and I'm like you: if a book turns out not to be my cup of tea, I don't say a word. Who knows? Someone else might adore the book.

    Happy New Year, my friend. Here's hoping 2012 is filled with all good things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. I'm hoping 2012 is great for all of us and that I have a little spare time to read Celtic-themed books. If you write them, you might want to check back here from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea, Miriam. I'm always looking for Celtic themed tales. Look forward to reading your take on your favorites. A Happy 2012 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Pat. As far as looking for Celtic-themed tales, that makes two of us always looking. They are welcome here.

    ReplyDelete